Saturday, March 1, 2014

Oat Bran Breakfast Bowl: YUM-E!

Nothing is better on a Saturday morning than hot coffee and a comfortably satisfying breakfast in my pajama's on the couch, watching cooking shows!

It's been a long week and I want to do absolutely nothing productive until at least noon today.  I live alone, so I guess I have to do something before noon or I won't get my coffee and breakfast; that just won't work! The first thing I think about every morning I wake up is coffee! Must. Have. Coffee. So, first thing's first, I brewed my coffee making sure to use plenty of coffee grounds because I like my coffee like I like my men: Strong! Now for this amazingly comforting, healthy and YUM-E breakfast, in less than 5 minutes!!

Recipe for 1 YUM-E serving:

1/4 cup Oat Bran cereal
1 cup* water
1 T. reduced sugar added dried cranberries
1 t. splenda
1/4 t. cinnamon
dash of salt
1 T. chopped walnuts
1/2 banana, chopped
1 T. wheat germ (optional)
1 T. sugar-free Cary's syrup (optional)

*I use slightly less water for a thicker cereal, about 7/8 cup water

Add Oat Bran, water, dried cranberries, splenda, cinnamon and dash of salt to microwavable bowl (make sure your bowl is big enough so the cereal will not boil over). Microwave for 1 1/2-2 minutes, stirring once half way through cooking time. Stir and top with remaining ingredients. I also sprinkle extra cinnamon on top.

Nutrition Facts
Calories 278
Fat 8.6 g (.75 g Sat.)
Fiber 11.5 g 
Sugar 11 g
Protein 10.65 g
(and lots of healthy whole grains & vitamins!)


Healthy: YUM-E!


Follow us, pretty please!
 IG: @HealthyYumE
Facebook: Healthy: Yum-E
Twitter: HealthyYumE
Google+: +Jessica Russo 
BlogLovin': Healthy: Yum-E!

No comments:

Post a Comment