Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Whole30…. Go!

Perhaps you have heard of the popular "reset" program, Whole30. It claims to change your life. I have a couple dear friends who have not only survived it, but RAVE about it in support.

The information in their book is based on scientific data that comes with valid references, which is definitely nice to see. Reading the book and hearing great feedback from my friends made me want to give it a go.

This graphic pretty much sums up what is allowed in the plan (which definitely does not include wine… *Sigh*) - you can read all the in's and out's, and more importantly the do's and don't's of the Whole30 program here.

Can I really go without wine? Sadly, or not, but I think that will be my biggest challenge...



Confession: I tried to do it once before. I lasted about 8 days, and then I had to travel for work - end of that story.

Here I go again… I did a BUNCH of meal prep this weekend (but failed to take pics…). This is definitely the kind of thing you need to plan for.

I plan to post daily meal pics as I go on here and on my Healthy: Yum-E! Instagram account: @HealthyYumE

In the blog posts, I will include the following:

Mood: Normal/Poor/Great!
Difficulty level: Easy/Moderate/Hard/Kill me
Energy: Nonexistent/Low/Moderate/Superwoman!
Stomach: I have a history of gall bladder disease, and IBS - we'll see how I react to this (promise to be blunt and honest)
Overall: I will add a simple overall how-I-am-doing statement




No comments:

Post a Comment